Why you should watch documentaries, Even if you hate them~

Reasons Why You Should Watch Documentaries, Even If You Hate Them


Documentaries? Isn’t that kinda boring and just a factual description of something that happened way back? No thanks, my history textbook is punishment enough. If I had a penny for every time, I’ve heard this on the internet, I would be a millionaire. I’m here to break all these stupid stereotypes about documentaries. Netizens say that documentaries are only for nerds, but aren’t we all nerds in our own way? I mean there are true crime nerds (like me), tech nerds, mystery nerds… you get what I’m saying? Not everybody who watches documentaries are nerds, some people like watching murder (and that’s some cool shit bro). Not all documentaries are about some prehistoric event that is no longer relevant. Netflix releases documentaries every other day and they are all in line with the trends. And like I said documentaries are for everybody so it comes in every genre. I’m going to be talking about the top 3 genres in it and giving you an example to start with.

1.    True Crime


Who’s surprised? True Crime is the craze right now. My mom and Dad are genuinely worried that I may be mentally unstable because of the unhealthy amount of true crime documentaries I watch. But for me, it is not the cruel details of the crime that draws me in, but the psyche of the killer, the motives, the pattern, are what drives me to watch it. It is quite hard to stomach knowing that such horrendous things have happened in real life, so I’m warning you right now. True Crime is not for everybody but if you are sure that you can handle it, I recommend you to try it.

Recommended true crime documentary:

Conversations with a killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes


This docuseries is absolutely thrilling! It captures the footage of Ted Bundy, the prolific serial killer breaking down his own motives and life. It is quite chilling and interesting. I highly recommend it.

If you are into more “the not killing stuff” go for the tinder swindler or Scam 1992, both great documentaries about very cunning scammers.

2.    Tech Documentaries


To all my techies out there, if you don’t watch tech documentaries you are all missing out big time! There are many absolute bangers out there. Tech is an ever growing and mysterious part of our society. We may think we know everything that goes on in our screens. But there is always something beneath the surface.

Recommended Tech Documentary:

The Social Dilemma


What’s behind your Facebook? Is someone on the other side of your Instagram? The Social Dilemma examines our growing dependence on social media, how it’s reprogramming the way we interact and insider secrets about how the companies work. I assure you; it will be hard to look at your screens after this.

3.    Nature Documentaries


Do you care deeply about the environment? Do you think animals are better than humans? Nature documentaries are your jam then. Many of them capture nature’s beauty in in its realest form. And wow! Nature really is a goddess.

Recommended Nature Documentary:

Our Planet


Our Planet is a British nature documentary series made for Netflix. The series addresses issues of conservation while featuring these desperate animals in their respective home regions, and has been noted for its greater focus on humans' impact on the environment than traditional nature documentaries, centring around how climate change impacts all living creatures. There you go, all of nature’s beauty and its struggles captured in one documentary.

If you liked this blog, please share this to your friends as well so that they can also get to experience the amazing world of documentaries.
Toodles!

Comments

  1. Social dilema was really good, made me stay away from facebook for daysss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Taylor Swift's Folklore Album is more tempting than Ice cream on a hot day!

Workout Music to lift your Spirits

Women's Day