Vikram - The Indian MCU we have been waiting for~


Vikram – The Indian MCU We Were Waiting For?

Ahhh! Yes. Vikram! Now, this is a blog I’ve been looking forward to writing since I watched this masterpiece of a film. Honestly, I was blown away. I must admit, I walked into the theatre expecting a mediocre action film where guns did most of the storytelling. But what I got was so much more than that. Emotional storylines, mysteries, societal messages and twist and turns that left you hanging on to your seats. This film had it all. Me and my mom couldn’t take away our eyes from the screen even once. I’m sorry if you came into this blog expecting criticisms or in-depth analyzations. This just going to be a blog about this girl raving on and on about this awesome film.

Hindustan times says that Vikram is the highest grossing film in Tamil Nadu surpassing the behemoth, Bahubali 2 itself. If you haven’t watched the movie, you may ask what is all this rave about? Why should I watch this movie? Come on, let’s look at some reasons why this Lokesh Kanagaraj sensation is a must watch.

1.  Great acting


This movie had a star-studded main cast of Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan, Malayalam Legend Fahadh Faasil and Makkal Selvan Vijay Sethupathi. All three of them are exceptional actors. Kamal Haasan has cemented his name as ‘Ulaganayagan’ meaning ‘Universal Hero’ in Indian Cinema. He is known for taking up more storytelling-centred movies. So, when I saw the trailer, which as I said mostly consisted of guns firing, I was surprised he took up this movie. But, oh was I wrong! He has done an amazing job playing the untypical and mysterious hero. Trust me I can’t reveal much more. He is a great presence in this movie, but I would say the backbone of the movie is Fahadh Faasil. Man! What an actor. He portrayed his protagonist character with perfection. And Vijay Sethupathi is THE actor for this villain role. I can say with full confidence that one of the reasons this movie is a blockbuster is GREAT ACTING

2.  Character Building


I have to put this big fat SPOILER WARNING because I will be going into the characters of this movie. 
All three main characters are written beautifully. Even the side characters who appear for a very less duration manage to hook us to the screen (I’m still in awe of Agent Tina). The movie has done an especially good job of explaining the character’s motives and what drives them to do what they do. In some cases like Kamal Haasan and Fahadh Faasil’s character. It is not explicitly said, most of their backstory is blurred but we can very clearly understand their drive. While in Vijay Sethupathi’s character the thing that defines him and drives him is his fear. His fear that he will lose his family on a whim, pushes him to commit heinous acts. Great characters with mysterious backgrounds but an emotional drive? Yes please.

3.  Tie in with other Lokesh Kanagaraj’s projects


Kaithi is another astounding hit of Lokesh Kanagaraj. Fans of this movie noticed many mentions of the Kaithi plotlines and even some scenes pertaining to it. Rumours are that there will be another movie surrounding Vikram’s plot but also tying in with Kaithi. I for one am very excited about this prospect as it may very well turn out to be as the netizens call it, LKCU (Lokesh Kanagaraj Cinematic Universe) and more Lokesh kanagaraj projects is what this world needs right now.

4.  Proper Pacing of the movie


We have all seen many action movies with 
painstakingly slow pacing and where they keep dragging on with the plot. At the very end they will reveal some clichΓ© plot twist that we saw coming miles away. Vikram is one of the rare exceptions. In    The first half we witness the incidents happening along with Fahadh Faasil’s character who is also trying to figure out what’s going on with us. The second part is us finding out what actually happened and what comes next. I could never point to a part of the movie and call it ‘boring’ or ‘uneventful’. Every scene plays into understanding the movie. This movie is 2 hours and 56 minutes long, not a second of it was wasted. I enjoyed every scene thoroughly.


Okay! Enough of my fangirling. You should definitely go watch this blockbuster movie. I assure you that won’t regret it. Techies and crime show fans will definitely enjoy this movie. There are many references even I did not understand. You are welcome to reveal some Easter eggs you caught in the movie down below. The songs were also out of the world, I really liked the title song .I’m eagerly waiting for Vikram 2. Hopefully it doesn’t release during my exams (even if it does, I’ll go anyway lol)

To the haters I say,
The eagle is coming, You better start running.

Comments

  1. Mass πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noice blog guys.I really like ur approach towards Tamil movies . And Vikram movie is literally πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb review. Definitely on my watch list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once upon a time there lived a ghost!!!! Nah... He is there right in front of our eyes.... And oh! I can feel my banters through your eyes.... Yes! What we now require is compelling narrative projects, astounding screenplays and underplayed protagonists. That's where the genius in Mr. Kamal Hassan shines, reminding of the shadow of bahubali's sketchy image overshadowing bhallal dev. VIKRAM it is!!! Great writing and commendable way of giving a glimpse and not the entirety. Keep growing gal. U rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my favourite movie of the year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Taylor Swift's Folklore Album is more tempting than Ice cream on a hot day!

Workout Music to lift your Spirits

Women's Day